| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || || |
| || || |
| || || | GREEN BLOG
JUNE 21, 2010 [Mexico, Oil Drilling] The energy-independent future that never was
Bernie Sanders, the only democratic socialist in the US Senate, says that the single most important lesson we can learn from the ongoing oil spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico is that drilling is not the answer. Sanders also calls for a stop on offshore drilling and says that the USA must transform its energy system.
| || || || |
GREEN BLOG [Mexico, Oil Drilling] Actress Lucy Lawless and Greenpeace blocks Shell arctic driller
| SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2012
Earlier this week a group of Greenpeace activists, including the actress Lucy Lawless, scaled an oil drill
ship that was due to travel to the Arctic. The ship was scheduled to travel to the Chukchi Sea off the coast of Alaska yesterday to drill
three exploratory oil
wells for the global oil
and gas company Shell. MORE >>
ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS [Mexico, Oil Drilling] "Obama Marks Anniversary of BP Disaster"
| WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20, 2011
I burned one of my NYTimes freebies on this one, from the blog formerly known as Green: One year ago today, the Deepwater Horizon drilling
rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico
because of a runaway oil
well. The effects of that spill continue to linger, as you can see in our recent coverage. via green.blogs.nytimes.com. MORE >>
GREEN (LIVING) REVIEW [Mexico, Oil Drilling] Obama Offshore Oil Plan Fails to Protect Fragile Arctic, Polar Bears From Drilling
| THURSDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2010
WASHINGTON - Interior Secretary Ken Salazar announced plans on Wednesday to revise the national offshore oil
plan that, while protecting areas off Florida and the Atlantic seaboard, would leave drilling
in polar bear critical habitat off Alaska on the table. MORE >>
MOTHER JONES [Mexico, Oil Drilling] Visit the Tiny Town Where Big Coal Will Meet Its Fate | Mother Jones
| TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2013
Skip to Navigation. Skip to Content. Mother Jones. Politics. Environment. Culture. Photo Essays. Blogs Political MoJo. Kevin Drum. Blue Marble. Tom Philpott. Mixed Media. Subscribe. Support. Must Reads: America Under the Gun | How to Win Any Climate Change Argument | Sequestration, Explained | Best. Study. Blue Marble Previous | Next. Is it Gore? MORE >>
YES! [Mexico, Oil Drilling] Romney Energy Plan Weakens Economy and Climate ? YES.
| FRIDAY, AUGUST 24, 2012
-dependent economy Romney supports is a step toward an unstable, costly future. Fire boat response crews battle the blazing remnants of the offshore oil
rig Deepwater Horizon, April 21, 2010. Romney’s plan centers on the argument that unleashing corporations to extract more oil
and gas will create jobs and grow the economy. MORE >>
- [Mexico, Oil Drilling] Gulf Oil Spills Onto Political Shores GREEN BLOG | FRIDAY, MAY 7, 2010
- [Mexico, Oil Drilling] The mass media and our environment GREEN BLOG | TUESDAY, JUNE 29, 2010
- [Mexico, Oil Drilling] Florida Senator Bill Nelson sides with Big Oil in Vote for Keystone XL SIERRA CLUB COMPASS | THURSDAY, MARCH 28, 2013
- [Mexico, Oil Drilling] Why we must stop coal to gas transition and fracking GREEN BLOG | SUNDAY, AUGUST 21, 2011
- [Mexico, Oil Drilling] Beware of Deep Sea Oil Drilling CELSIAS | SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 2013
- [Mexico, Oil Drilling] Shell suspends Arctic oil drilling for the year GREEN (LIVING) REVIEW | SATURDAY, MARCH 2, 2013
- [Mexico, Oil Drilling] Obama Plan Extends Highly Ricky Offshore Oil Drilling CELSIAS | TUESDAY, JULY 3, 2012
- [Mexico, Oil Drilling] Center Calls for Arctic, Deepwater Drilling Halt Until New Oil Spill Safety Guidelines Implemented GREEN (LIVING) REVIEW | THURSDAY, JANUARY 13, 2011
Green Life Buzz can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.