| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | BLUE EARTH
MAY 22, 2011 Is the iPad a laptop killer?
I am sitting here making this post on my iPad. However, I am typing on a regular keyboard. have the logitech/Zagg bluetouth keyboard and iPad case ( www.zagg.com ). can pretty much do everything on here I can do on a laptop, but with the added convenience of a touchscreen. So, what has Apple done to constrict features on this machine.?
| | BLUE EARTH
OCTOBER 3, 2011 Solar Bright Spot
With many of California oil fields in decline, they are requiring steam to extract the last parts of oil out of the rock. This is a win for everyone
| || || |
| || || || | BLUE EARTH
DECEMBER 3, 2010 The Pope Going Electric?
The Vatican is looking for a new Popemobile. Preferably one that runs on electricity. Pope Benedict the 16th is big on clean energy, and the church even published a book showing what the Vatican has done to make itself sustainable. Not a problem, say the experts. Zero to 60 in three seconds flat. Mercedes makes the current edition of the Popemobil
| || || || |
BLUE EARTH Nissan Leaf Burning up Electrons at High Speeds
| TUESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2010
I just read a post by Oliver Chalouhi, the first person in the country to take ownership of a production Nissan Leaf. All is well, and he loves it. It is quiet, peppy and the electronics are really sophisticated. His only issue is that when he drives on the highway at 75mph, his range goes down to 60 miles from the published 100 mile range. MORE >>
BLUE EARTH Hi Brett. Amrit here. I just read this article in the New Yorker, which is saying basically that hybrid vehicles won't help our environment at all. In fact, they will do the opposite. That the more energy efficient we make things, the increase in demand will more than offset the energy savings. What do you think? [link]
| TUESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2011
Hi Amrit, Great question. The answer is not so straight forward. Owen is right on the economic equation that typically efficiency = lower prices = increased demand. like the fact that we have all these different ways to consume/produce energy. Competition means diverse supplies, fewer interruptions and lower prices. MORE >>
BLUE EARTH A new study by the Cancer Foundation of China estimates that.
| WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2011
A new study by the Cancer Foundation of China estimates that tobacco (aka drug) company profits are less than the costs to treat smoking related diseases in China. Worldwide governments need to move to a free market approach to drugs. Mexico and other countries south of there have had a terrible spate of violence around drug traffickers. MORE >>
BLUE EARTH How Green is Natural Gas?
| SATURDAY, APRIL 23, 2011
A recent Cornell study concludes that electicity produced from natural gas fired turbines is far more carbon intensive than previously thought; even greater than coal. The study whose principal author is Robert Howarth uncovers some of the previously undistinguished leaks in the natural gas production system. . MORE >>
BLUE EARTH Logitech has released the world’s first solar-powered.
| FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2010
Logitech has released the world’s first solar-powered wireless keyboard (model K750). It has a built-in light meter that shows whether there is enough light in the room. Why did it take this long? Well, let’s not complain! This is an easy way, albeit a minor one, to invest in the future by using less energy. green gear MORE >>
- World Resources Institute BLUE EARTH | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2010
- Nissan introduces Leaf EV to South Africa with candid camera stunt BLUE EARTH | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2013
- 2013. Already. Trends. BLUE EARTH | TUESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2013
- Annie's - Nutrition Washing? BLUE EARTH | SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2012
- Breakthrough Battery BLUE EARTH | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 29, 2012
- Gold Bubble BLUE EARTH | SUNDAY, AUGUST 21, 2011
- by Rachel Botsman BLUE EARTH | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2010
- "Apple computers have emerged as the clear leader as far as green computers go." BLUE EARTH | MONDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2010
- Lumenhaus: Virginia Tech has built a “100% energy efficient. BLUE EARTH | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2010
- Tim Jackson’s Economic Reality-Check (larger viewer) BLUE EARTH | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2010
- “We realize a game won’t change the world but we hope to. BLUE EARTH | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2010
- Nissan and GM Poor Online Electric Car Marketers BLUE EARTH | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2010
- e readers will win this battle over time. Books will be. BLUE EARTH | THURSDAY, JANUARY 13, 2011
- Massive Defense Budget in the US does not Increase Security BLUE EARTH | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2011
- Are Solar Companies Hoping to Double Panel Sales This Year? BLUE EARTH | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2011
- Nuclear? Non, Merci BLUE EARTH | FRIDAY, MARCH 18, 2011
- China and Africa - Friends or Foes? BLUE EARTH | SUNDAY, APRIL 24, 2011
Green Life Buzz can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.